Is there a way to get a Queue Created Date in Solace?

Options
tejaschowsalkar
tejaschowsalkar Member Posts: 13
edited May 2022 in PubSub+ Event Broker #1

Hello All,

I would like to know if there is a way to get the queue created date via SEMP API's or any other means in Solace?

Have tried with SEMP Over Message Bus & Monitoring SEMP API but it does not speak about when the queue was created.

Thanks

Tejas Chowsalkar

Answers

• uherbst
    uherbst Member, Employee Posts: 121 Solace Employee
    Options

Hi @tejaschowsalkar ,

for sure this is possible.

Please have a look here: https://docs.solace.com/API-Developer-Online-Ref-Documentation/swagger-ui/config/index.html#/queue

In https://tutorials.solace.dev/semp/curl/, you can find examples how to create queues with SEMP (in curl).

Uli

• tejaschowsalkar
    tejaschowsalkar Member Posts: 13
    Options

Hi Uli,

Thanks for your response, The question here is not to create a queue rather how to get when the queue was created? A date when the queue was created by any means.

I hope i'm clear with my question.

Thanks

Tejas Chowsalkar

• uherbst
    uherbst Member, Employee Posts: 121 Solace Employee
    Options

Sorry, my fault - I didn't read your original question carefully enough.

No, there is no way to get the create date for a queue via SEMP.

The only way I'm aware of: If you have access to the broker logs, you can find the create command for the queue in the command.log.

Uli

• Aaron
    Aaron Member, Administrator, Moderator, Employee Posts: 531 admin
    Options

Yes, if the queue was created administratively, then you can find out when by searching through the command.log file on the broker. Otherwise, if created dynamically by a messaging client application, you'll want to look in the event.log file for the entry: CLIENT_CLIENT_CREATE_ENDPOINT. There is no "date created" metadata as part of the queue object unfortunately.

• marc
    marc Member, Administrator, Moderator, Employee Posts: 921 admin
    Options

Thanks @Aaron and @uherbst. I will also point out that if this is something that you want to use as part of automation you can configure solace logs to be forwarded via syslog which can then be received by many apps, such as logstash, and filtered on :)