Golang API for Solace

namsing1
namsing1 Member Posts: 15

Hi Team,

I was going through the GIT Link https://github.com/SolaceSamples and I couldn't find the Golang API for connecting to Solace. We have already used Spring boot but now we need to use Golang. Is there any plan to release the API soon?

Thanks,
Namrata

Comments

• amackenzie
    amackenzie Member, Employee Posts: 260 Solace Employee

Hello, I am with the product management team at Solace.

We do have a Golang API in development. However, timing is not certain just yet as we have been busy introducing the new Python API and a modern Java API.

We have seen the demand for a Golang API and I am hoping for something to be released before the end of this year.

When it becomes available as Early Access (pre-GA) there will be an announcement here on the Community.

• namsing1

Thanks @amackenzie , do you have any plans for quarkus as well?

• amackenzie

We do not have specific plans for Quarkus at this time. I am not that familiar with it in practice. Do you need to alter your Java app much to make it work in Quarkus?

• namsing1

We have to choose between Golang, Springboot or Quarkus. As of now, spring boot API is available, but we want to go ahead with Golang or Quarkus. If Golang API is available, we are good.

• amackenzie

The reason I ask is that Springboot is usable via our Java API and Quarkus might just work too in the same way. Golang API I consider a different thing that Springboot or Quarkus as the latter are app frameworks and the former is a client library API.

• namsing1

I understand your point..but we have to work alot with GCP as well, like hosting our application, using storage options etc. and Golang is the most recommended with GCP.

• marc
    marc Member, Administrator, Moderator, Employee Posts: 914 admin
    edited June 2021 #8

Hi @namsing1 & @amackenzie, I just wanted to drop in and mention that depending on what functionality your apps need you may be able to use a Golang lib for MQTT (such as paho) or AMQP (such as qpid) prior to the Solace Golang API being released.

You won't be able to use more advanced solace features, but those open standards definitely support a large number of use cases. From feedback I've gotten from other developers I'd suggest starting with mqtt if you aren't already familiar with AMQP ;)

• namsing1

Hi @marc , We would like to use Golang for SMF protocol.

• techcodyind
    techcodyind Member Posts: 1

You can try for RDP protocol for integration. This will allow you to use Golang easily.

• Tamimi
    Tamimi Member, Administrator, Employee Posts: 491 admin

Hey @namsing1 stay tuned as we get close to release our GoLang early access API we will be posting it here on the community

• manzarul
    manzarul Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
  • namsing1

Thanks Manzarul. I will look into it.

• namsing1
    edited December 2021 #14

Hi Team,
    This is only for the subscriber it seems. We need the publisher as well.
    Thanks,
    Namrata

• Tamimi

Hey @namsing1 ! The Go API is still not released, we are releasing the EA version of it next week on December 15 2021! You can join the closed group mentioned in this post here! https://solace.community/group/4-solace-early-access-golang-api

@manzarul if youre interested to have access to the API feel free to join the group as well

• Tamimi

Samples Updated. API is published for public consumption in the early access group 👍