Boomi/Solace: how to set dmq-eligeble=true by default for REST end points

sjaak
sjaak Member Posts: 103 ✭✭✭

Hi,
We have the following use case

• Apps are using Solace REST endpoints to send messages to Solace topics
  • Multiple queues are subscribed to this topic
  • It appears that REST clients need to set a HTTP header "Solace-DMQ-Eligible: [true|false]" in order to use the DMQ feature
    Question: can we somehow set the default to true for any Solace queue which are created? Just like with JMS, see JMS Connection Factories | /jms/cf/default settings on management console page.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• TomF
    TomF Member, Employee Posts: 406 Solace Employee
    #2 Answer ✓

Hi @sjaak,
    I can see the sense in what you're saying, so thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'll raise a product enhancement request.

Answers

• TomF

Hi @sjaak, I don't think there is a way to enforce a specific message property like this. You're right in that it's possible to force certain message properties using a JMS Connection Factory, one being DMQ eligibility, but this only applies to JMS.

A quick and dirty workaround could be to create a service which consumes your REST messages and re-publishes them via JMS through such a connection factory... but that isn't really a production solution!

• sjaak
    edited January 2021 #4

Hi @TomF,
    Thanks. For this use case, we have decided to ask the customer to add the HTTP header "Solace-DMQ-Eligible: true". This will of course work. However, we also have use cases where messages are pushed to Solace REST end points using webhooks. In practice, webhooks are often limited in terms of configuration. So, adding HTTP headers is usually not possible.

It would be good if the dmq-eligible functionality can be set globally so it behaves consistently and, if you wish, independently from the underlying interface (JMS, REST, etc).

• TomF
    #5 Answer ✓

Hi @sjaak,
    I can see the sense in what you're saying, so thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'll raise a product enhancement request.

• sjaak

That is great, thank you! :)

• TomF

@sjaak, a quick update: this feature has been added to our Feature Candidate List. We're just waiting for a slot to add it to the roadmap.