Queue holds only last message published on the given topic

cjasniew
cjasniew Member Posts: 15

I have a queue (Q1) and topic T1 assigned to it. I published few messages to that topic and then run queue subscriber. Queue shows only a last message published to the topic. Is it a setup issue?

Comments

• TomF
    TomF Member, Employee Posts: 406 Solace Employee

Hi @cjasniew , almost certainly :-) I strongly suspect that what you've accidentally configured is a "Last Value Queue." Check the size of the spool quota. If it's 0, that's a configuration that creates an LVQ.

LVQ's are very useful for doing things like determining what the last successfully published message was (for instance, if a publisher crashes it can tell what the last message it published was).

• himanshu
    himanshu Member, Employee Posts: 67 Solace Employee

Relevant documentation for Last Value Queue:
    https://docs.solace.com/PubSub-Basics/Endpoints.htm#LVQs

• cjasniew

Thanks you for a comment.

• cjasniew

What is a name of the queue which stores all messages published on the topic?

• Tamimi
    Tamimi Member, Administrator, Employee Posts: 491 admin

Hey @cjasniew - it is the same queue, there isint a specific queue. Its just a the configuration. You can check the size of the spool quota and make sure its not zero, alternatively you can create another queue with the default parameters and just add a subscription to the topic of choice. Hopefully this helps!