Choosing a broker version > 9.6 on Solace PubSub+ Cloud on Developer service type (eval)

giri
giri Member, Administrator, Employee Posts: 103 admin

By default the version 9.6 is selected - and there are no other versions of Broker available to choose from the list. How do we get access to latest versions?

Best Answer

• ChristianHoltfurth
    ChristianHoltfurth Member, Employee Posts: 68 Solace Employee
    #2 Answer ✓

You'll have to work with the Solace Cloud PE team on this.
    Best to raise a ticket by emailing support@solace.com and mention that you'd like to get access to 9.9 brokers in Solace Cloud by upgrading your agent. They will work with you on this.

Answers

• ChristianHoltfurth

Hi @giri ,
    Solace PubSub+ Cloud supports broker versions > 9.6, like 9.8.1 and 9.9 for new services at the time of writing this (09/07/20201).
    If you are not seeing the latest versions in your Solace Cloud console, then you probably need the Solace Cloud agent to be upgraded in your deployment site.

• giri

Thanks @ChristianHoltfurth - I still have lot of things to learn.

When you say "you probably need the Solace Cloud agent to be upgraded in your deployment site" - is that something I can do from the console? Or, are you referring to the region where the instance is created and the devious need to do some update!

BTW, I am deploying on AWS-Asia Mumbai region.

• ChristianHoltfurth
    #5 Answer ✓

You'll have to work with the Solace Cloud PE team on this.
    Best to raise a ticket by emailing support@solace.com and mention that you'd like to get access to 9.9 brokers in Solace Cloud by upgrading your agent. They will work with you on this.

• giri

Thanks, will raise a ticket.