Is there any connector available for Google PubSub ?

I want to consume messages from Google Pubsub topics. I have signed up for the 60-day trial version on cloud. But it shows the connector only for Google Cloud Functions. Is it because of the trial version or there is no connector available for Google PubSub ?

Best Answer

• TomF
    TomF Member, Employee Posts: 406 Solace Employee
    #2 Answer ✓

Hi @GurpreetKaur, the Streamsets connectors are available with the Streamsets product, which you'd have to buy separately.

Answers

• TomF

Hi @GurpreetKaur, have you had a look at the Solace Connector Hub? It might show, as it does in this case, that currently there's no native solace connector for Google PubSub. You could opt for the StreamSets connector, or you could use something like the the Google Cloud Functions Producer to send your event to a cloud function which transforms the event and connects to Google PubSub there.

• GurpreetKaur
    GurpreetKaur Member Posts: 2

Hi @TomF , I want to use the streamsets connector "Google Pub/Sub Subscriber" as we don't want to create additional components in Google Cloud Platform. I am trying to access the PubSub+ Broker Manager on the free cloud version but unable to see any streamsets connectors. Are they not available on the trial version ?

• TomF
    #5 Answer ✓

Hi @GurpreetKaur, the Streamsets connectors are available with the Streamsets product, which you'd have to buy separately.

• TomF

Hi @GurpreetKaur, one option you might consider is using a Google Pub/Sub Push Subscription. This will cause Google Pub/Sub to invoke a webhook for every message it needs to send. You could point the webhook to the PubSub+ REST incoming interface.

The only problem is that PubSub+ won't be able to make use of Google's authentication mechnism to authenticate Pub/Sub, as this is specific to Google Cloud.

• TomF

@GurpreetKaur, we're hoping to try out the Google Pub/Sub Push Subscription soon. Did you try it?

• VvT
    VvT Member, Employee Posts: 15 Solace Employee

@GurpreetKaur You can also try to use the Google Pub/Sub Push Subscriptions as TomF mentioned.

You can setup a subscription to a Solace REST service URL (Web hook) like this https://<SOLACE HOST>:<REST PORT>/TOPIC/<topic name> in order to publish the messages to a Solace topic.

If authentication is enabled, Solace would require a REST called to authenticate against the broker before it is able to send a message.

The GCP Push Subscriptions use OAuth tokens for authentication, which can be validated on the Solace broker by setting up an OAuth Profile with the GCP client token details and an OAuth group to provide specific access to the GCP service client.

Let us know if this solution is of interest to you and/or you need some more help.