Observing DNS resolution failed when connecting to external application through RDP for .com url

Dhanusri
Dhanusri Member Posts: 15 ✭✭

We are currently using Solace 10.4.1.121 version deployed through Podman and observing this issue for many integrations whenever .com url is involved.

Flow : MuleSoft—>EMS(Solace RDP)—>MuleSoft(.com url) - Not working

But the same integration, when APIGW is involved in between it is working fine.

Flow : MuleSoft—>EMS(Solace RDP)—>APIGW—>MuleSoft(.com url) - Working

These traffics are going through Proxy and both EMS & APIGW backend servers have the Proxy configured and are able to connect to Proxy successfully.

Even through curl command we are able to get 200ok from the .com url in the EMS backend server. This tells us that there is no issue with the backend server however, on the application level Solace is unable to connect or recognize the proxy and the .com url.

We have also configured the Proxy under Message VPN of Solace broker and the same is being used in the RDP as well, still we observe the same error.

Kindly please let us know if anyone else has faced this issue and how this can be resolved.

Answers

• marc
    marc Member, Administrator, Moderator, Employee Posts: 956 admin

Hi @Dhanusri,

I know it's been a few days, were you able to figure it out?

I would suggest checking what DNS servers are configured on Solace: https://docs.solace.com/Admin/Configuring-DNS.htm

Hope that helps!

• Dhanusri
    Dhanusri Member Posts: 15 ✭✭

Hi @marc,

We are currently using Solace Software Event Broker version 10.4.1.121 and we could observe the link you shared referes to appliances.

So, I believe the Solace broker would be using the same DNS as of the host on which it is deployed on.

Is my understanding correct ?