Solace Developer Spotlight: Carlos Rodriguez Iturria

Options
hong
hong Guest Posts: 480 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hometown: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Years of being a developer: 20+

Primary programming language(s): Java, JavaScript, Python, Golang, Shell, Scala, Dataweave, etc.

How did you start as a developer?

Everything started when I was a kid and wanted to understand how Gorilla BAS worked. So, I got into QBasic at that time. That’s when I realised I can build my own universe by developing software.

What is your typical day like?

The first thing is coffee on my desk, then I open my Visual Studio Code, start/connect to my Kubernetes clusters, and just have fun for hours!

What is your favorite thing about being a developer?

It is like being an artist with super powers. I love imagining something in my head and then making it a reality via source code.

What project are you currently working on?

I am the JAPAC lead for a new API Gateway that will provide both North/South, as well as East/West API Management without requiring a service Mesh. That is super cool.

What new skills or technologies are you learning?

I’ve been very consistent in the past 4 years, constantly learning Cloud native technologies. Right now, I am fascinated with how easily I can spin up multi-node K3D clusters anywhere, like in a Raspberry Pi, for example.

What cool tech trends are you seeing?

Modern Event Driven Architectures will take over the world in the next coming years.

What advice do you have for other developers?

Have a list of anything that you want to learn, but always have a plan on how to learn it and execute it thoroughly. Being consistent and disciplined to execute the plan is key. Otherwise, it all ends in dreams.

If you could retire now, what would you do?

I would become a professor in a university and teach Cloud-native technologies for free. My satisfaction would be getting students landing super well paid jobs after learning what I had to teach them.

If you were a Solace Developer Community admin for one day, what would you do?

I’d like to set up a complex multi-cloud Event Mesh across multiple polyglot microservices, involving sensors, Raspberry Pi’s and drones (don’t know why, but drones are cool).

Do you have anything else to share with the Community?

I’m always interested in having virtual coffees with anyone in the world, talking about awesome cool ideas.

What is your Solace wish?

MuleSoft acquires Solace one day and we become 1 team!

Read more: