Topic tracing

Options
soniya
soniya Member Posts: 23
edited July 2022 in PubSub+ Event Broker #1

Hi Team,

I have created 2 producer and 4 consumer using DMR and spring cloud. I want to trace my topic in solace portal like if I have produce topic from P1 and its consumed by C1 and C3 then where I can see the topic in Solace portal.

I can see the Queue but What I want I want to see like topic consumerd by C1 with Topic (E/supply/order) C1-my topic

Please suggest.

Comments

• soniya
    Options

Hi Team,

I have created 2 producer and 4 consumer using DMR and spring cloud. I want to trace my topic in solace portal like if I have produce topic from P1 and its consumed by C1 and C3 then where I can see the topic in Solace portal.

I can see the Queue but What I want I want to see like topic consumerd by C1 with Topic (E/supply/order) C1-my topic using spring cloud stream.

@marc Please suggest.

Tagged: topicsspring cloud streamSEMPsolacepubsub

• marc
    marc Member, Administrator, Moderator, Employee Posts: 921 admin
    Options

Hi @soniya,

In Solace topics are actually just metadata on each message and not actual objects managed by the broker or mesh. Because of that you can't actually see "topics" outside of topic subscriptions in the PubSub+ Manager.

That said, the PubSub+ Event Portal can help understand your EDA. One of those things is what apps publish which events and which apps consumer those events. And each event of course gets published to a topic.

BUT I think what you might really be looking for is a new offering we are developing now which we are referring to as "Distributed Tracing". @Shawn , our CTO, talked about it on our recent product update. You can check it out over on YouTube. Take a look, and if that is exactly what you are looking for I'll see what we can do to get you early access to try it out and give us feedback.

Hope that helps!

• hong
    hong Guest Posts: 480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@soniya Here is also the Distributed Tracing demo from that Solace Product Update.

• soniya
    edited July 2022 #5
    Options

thanks @marc , @hong event tracing is great featue to trace the Event lifecycle. Is it available now in solace portal and can you please share a example how I can implement it in my usecase.

• hong
    hong Guest Posts: 480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@soniya It is not available yet. We are targeting September for an early access release.