Close connection on openshift every 2sec

Options

My consumer connection to solace is closed after every 2seconds that leads to fail big message more than 5 mb read.

Please suggest

Comments

• uherbst
    uherbst Member, Employee Posts: 121 Solace Employee
    Options

Hi @Solace chunnu ,

Do you have access to event.log ? Inside the pod, you can find the event.log in /usr/sw/jail/logs/event.log

Any errors listed there ?

In addition: For every disconnect, there should be an entry in the event.log like this:

2022-08-16T03:53:24.355+00:00 <local3.info> kilo-production-123465xxx-solace-primary-0 tagINFO: CLIENT: CLIENT_CLIENT_DISCONNECT: testvpn app_3fe384d4c68bf6da Client (9668) app_3fe384d4c68bf6da username solace-cloud-client WebSessionId (N/A) reason(Peer TCP Closed) final statistics - dp(4, 4, 0, 0, 4, 4, 580, 649, 0, 0, 580, 649, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0) conn(0, 0, 10.60.4.73:62888, CLSWT, 0, 0, 0) zip(0, 0, 0, 0, 0.00, 0.00, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0) web(0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0), SslVersion(TLSv1.2), SslCipher(ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA384 TLSv1.2 Kx=ECDH Au=RSA Enc=AES(256) Mac=SHA384)

The interesting point here is "reason(Peer TCP Closed)". The reason field indicates who and maybe why someone closed the connection.

Let us know your findings.

Uli

• Solace chunnu
    Solace chunnu Member Posts: 6
    Options

Thanks for the reply.

From event log it looks graceful shutdown peer tcp closed only. The issue is from solace client that runs on the openshift and frequently get disconnected.

• marc
    marc Member, Administrator, Moderator, Employee Posts: 921 admin
    Options

Hi @Solace chunnu,

Two things I would recommend checking are:

1. The openshift health checks. Does that report anything? Is it restarting the container b/c of that?
    2. Your consumer code - is it actually waiting for messages after it connects or does your app just end? Checkout this sample which goes into a while loop while processing messages.
    3. Does your consumer code work if you run it locally (outside of openshift?)

Hope that helps!

• Solace chunnu
    Solace chunnu Member Posts: 6
    Options

Not sure what causing the consumer to disconnect.

If I run outside of openshift it works fine.

I got one fix that works for me. I configured compression 9 and now consumer is able to read big message upto 25 mb.

Solace.jms.apiProperties.solace.JMS_CompressionLevel: 9

But disconnect issue still persist. Client number is incrementing in each connect. And it fills log file as well,

Please help

• RunningRoach
    RunningRoach Member Posts: 7
    Options

check keep alive library and ensure being used and configuration in openshift of keep-alive requirement; we had similar issue with other items mid-stream.