Try PubSub+

Python! Who's in for a real treat?

TamimiTamimi Member, Administrator, Employee Posts: 20 admin
edited July 28 in General Discussions

Hey Solace community! I'm calling out all Python enthusiasts who are interested in checking out a sneak peak of our upcoming new native Python API (Direct Messaging for now). I'm personally very excited for this since Python is one of the languages that I am super eager about. I have built a couple random side projects showcasing messaging using Python and MQTT, I even wrote a blog post about how I built an event-driven application using COVID-19 data.

I'd like to see who is interested to check out this API and start building cool messaging projects. How can I get in on this, you may ask? Comment down here and stay tuned!

Tagged:

Comments

• himanshuhimanshu Member, Employee Posts: 14 Solace Employee

me me me me me me me me

• TamimiTamimi Member, Administrator, Employee Posts: 20 admin

@himanshu me me me me me me me me

YHUS! Stay tuned 😍

• pr320235pr320235 Member Posts: 9

Hey @Tamimi,
    I am interested..looking forward to it !
    -Praveen

• amackenzieamackenzie Member, Employee Posts: 38 Solace Employee

Hi all, just a quick note that the initial early access version of the new Python API will support Direct Messaging pattern only. Guaranteed Messaging and some other features will come later. The initial release will give you the chance to see the style of API and be connection, direct messaging focused.

• pr320235pr320235 Member Posts: 9

Thanks amackenzie, When can we expect the release of new Python API?

We are just doing some packaging and docs... I would expect it in the next week or 2

• KuladeepKuladeep Member Posts: 19
    edited July 29

i am also interested @Tamimi ... waiting for it :) ...

• moosemoose Member Posts: 1

This is news. Growing interest in python. be good to have native option.

Approx. timeframe for EA is mid August. I want to emphasize that the first EA will not support persistent/guaranteed messaging. We are starting with Direct message support.