Acknowledging messages using Spring JMS

asx19
asx19 Member Posts: 2

Hello,
I would like to manually acknowledge each message I receive from the Solace queue using the JMS protocol. However with the configuration I have below, I am seeing that the messages are actually not being removed even after I explicitly call "message.acknowledge()" on the message.

@Bean()
    public DefaultJmsListenerContainerFactory connectionFactory(SolConnectionFactory solConnectionFactory, SolaceErrorHandler errorHandler) {
        DefaultJmsListenerContainerFactory factory = new DefaultJmsListenerContainerFactory();
        factory.setConnectionFactory(solConnectionFactory);
        factory.setErrorHandler(errorHandler);
        factory.setSessionAcknowledgeMode(Session.CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDGE);
        return factory;
    }

I couldn't really find much documentation on manually ack-ing each message in the application. Should I be changing something here?

Thanks in advance

Tagged:

Best Answer

• asx19
    edited August 2020 #2 Answer ✓

Hi @marc,
    Thanks-- using SupportedProperty.SOL_CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDGE indeed solved the problem.

Answers

• marc
    marc Member, Administrator, Moderator, Employee Posts: 914 admin
    edited August 2020 #3

Hi @asx19 ,
    Are you using the @JmsListener annotation on the receiving method?
    If yes, can you try adding a name of "jmsListenerContainerFactory" to your DefaultJmsListenerContainerFactory bean and seeing if that works for you?

@Bean(name = "jmsListenerContainerFactory")
        public DefaultJmsListenerContainerFactory connectionFactory(SolConnectionFactory solConnectionFactory) {
            DefaultJmsListenerContainerFactory factory = new DefaultJmsListenerContainerFactory();
            factory.setConnectionFactory(solConnectionFactory);
            factory.setErrorHandler(errorHandler);
            factory.setSessionAcknowledgeMode(Session.CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDGE);
            return factory;
        }

Once you get it working another thing to look into is whether you want to use the JMS default Session.CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDGE or if you want to use SupportedProperty.SOL_CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDGE

Hope that helps!
    -Marc

• asx19
    edited August 2020 #4 Answer ✓

Hi @marc,
    Thanks-- using SupportedProperty.SOL_CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDGE indeed solved the problem.

• marc
    marc Member, Administrator, Moderator, Employee Posts: 914 admin

@asx19 said:
    Hi @marc,

Awesome, glad I could help!