PubSub+ Support for MAC M1 Early Release Now Available
The wait is over! I’m excited to let you know that the early release of the PubSub+ container supporting the MAC M1 is now available to our community members. 🙌 With this new early access release, you will be able to create an instance of PubSub+ on your M1 MAC using Docker Desktop.
You can download the EA from:
- https://products.solace.com/download/COMMUNITY_EA4, and
- The testing was mostly done using Docker Desktop for MAC.
- For the EA, the ARM64 will be distributed as a tarball that needs to be loaded into the local registry on your MAC.
- The Early Access version of the PubSub+ Container for ARM64 architecture can be used in a very similar way to the existing x86_64 image.
- When the GA is delivered, you will be able to just pull from Docker Hub and docker will take care of pulling the correct image for the target system.
- Otherwise, the existing getting started guide can be used to create an instance on a MAC desktop.
Run the following command to load the image into the local registry:
docker load -i solace-pubsub-standard-100.0arm_proto.0.<version>-aarch64-docker.tar.gz
Then modify the compose temple cloned in Step 1:
- Edit the PubSubStandard_singleNode.yml file in the template directory
- Modify the "image:" line to point to the image previously loaded
Enjoy the EA!