Unsupported protocol on OAuth 2.0 JWT Authentication - Solace M1 EA

anitam
anitam Member Posts: 4
edited November 2022 in PubSub+ Event Broker #1

Hello,

New Solace user here. I have Solace running as a Docker container in my Mac M1 with Colima version 0.4.6. I am running the EA version available at https://solace.community/discussion/1529/pubsub-support-for-mac-m1-early-release-now-available.

We have a REST Consumer configured to use OAuth 2.0 JWT Authentication and it's failing to authenticate because of an error of Unsupported protocol (I attached the screenshot). While in the other machines with the same configuration, solace/solace-pubsub-standard distribution just works fine. Is it a bug from the EA version?

I am totally out of my depth here and don't have much clue how to proceed with this. Can anybody help me out with this?

Comments

• Tamimi
    Tamimi Member, Administrator, Employee Posts: 491 admin

Hi there @anitam - We wont be able to tell what's going on without more logs or details on configuration. I have not run our solace broker with Colima, so I am assuming it might be some network issues? Are the other machines also running on Colima v0.4.6? We dont test our broker on Colima as well...

• anitam

Hi @Tamimi ,

• The other machines are not using Colima. The 2 machines using Colima are having this problem.
    • We are using the dist solace-pubsub-standard-100.0arm_proto.0.92-aarch64-docker.tar.gz.These are the screenshots of the configurations of the REST Consumer-

When I run show log rest rest-delivery-point errors wide with Solace CLI inside the container. I get the following errors-

Timestamp         Message VPN       RDP           REST Consumer      Local Address                 Remote Address                Error Response

------------------------- ------------------------ ------------------------ ------------------------ --------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------

2022-11-25T15:14:37+00:00 default         --------rdp name-------- ---rest consumer name--- N/A                      142.251.36.42:0                [OAuth token request failed] Unsupported protocol

2022-11-25T15:14:27+00:00 default         --------rdp name-------- ---rest consumer name--- N/A                      142.251.36.42:0                [OAuth token request failed] Unsupported protocol

Here the IP 142.251.36.42 is Google's server and the container is able to PING it.

PING 142.251.36.42 (142.251.36.42) 56(84) bytes of data.

64 bytes from 142.251.36.42: icmp_seq=1 ttl=63 time=0.209 ms

64 bytes from 142.251.36.42: icmp_seq=2 ttl=63 time=0.380 ms

64 bytes from 142.251.36.42: icmp_seq=3 ttl=63 time=0.300 ms

64 bytes from 142.251.36.42: icmp_seq=4 ttl=63 time=0.296 ms

--- 142.251.36.42 ping statistics ---

4 packets transmitted, 4 received, 0% packet loss, time 3101ms

rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 0.209/0.296/0.380/0.061 ms

So the connection works.

But somehow I am still getting the error  [OAuth token request failed] Unsupported protocol .

Please let me know your thoughts.

• anitam

Hello @Tamimi ,

I just tested with Docker Desktop too. Its the same error. So I am guessing it has nothing to do with Colima.

• Tamimi

Hey @anitam - I will reach out internally to check if we have another dist you can try out. Still not sure what the issue might be since I am unable to reproduce it from my end but I will keep you posted. I am assuming that you are still facing the same issue?

• anitam

Hey @Tamimi ,

Yes, I am still facing the same issue even with the Docker desktop. I am in contact with someone from Solace support and have provided the logs from gather-diagnostics-host. In case you need it, there is also a support ticket: Solace Support #74341. I haven't heard anything from them yet.

• Tamimi

okay perfect - thanks for the update on this. If you get any resolution please do share it here incase others are having the same issue :)